In preparation for this lesson, survey chapters 10-36 of 2 Chronicles. Write down key events that will help understand the background of many of the prophetical books.
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 5
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will become more interested in the historical context of the prophetical books of the Old Testament.
2. We hope you will make use of all the resources and activities of the lesson to learn key information about the general historical context of each of the Old Testament prophets.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson. It should increase your ability to apply the message of the prophets in your own context today.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing your own thoughts and attitudes regarding the historical context of the prophetical books and making application of the teaching of a prophetical passage.
2. Obtain satisfactory grades on the evaluations of the lesson, demonstrating that you can identify the key information about the historical context of the prophets. You should be able to organize the prophets according to three key periods.
If you are not very familiar with the process of doing the assignments for a lesson, you should read this PDF tutorial found in the "Instructions" section of Lesson 1. It will guide you through the lesson, step by step. If you are already familiar with the process, you may skip this and go to the more specific "Instructions for Lesson 5."
Carefully read these instructions. You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.