THE BOOK OF ACTS
PREPARATION FOR LESSON 3
In preparation for this lesson, you should read Acts 2 again carefully, and write down possible applications for your own life today, and for the Church in general.
Read also Acts 17 and write down key points from Paul's speech.
This lesson has three sections:
The Holy Spirit
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 3
We would like to accomplish the following in this lesson:
1. We hope you will become enthusiastic about what The Book of Acts has to teach regarding the Holy Spirit, the apostles, and the Church.
2. We hope you will understand the guidelines for applying the teachings of Acts today, making distinctions between what was unique for that time and what should be a pattern for us today.
3. We hope that you will apply key teachings from Acts to your own life.
When you do the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing your own thoughts and attitudes regarding what The Book of Acts has to teach about the Holy Spirit, the apostles, and the Church.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify key principles regarding the Holy Spirit, the apostles, and the Church found in The Book of Acts.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guides, showing how you apply the teachings of the lesson to your own life.
"Instructions for Lesson 3"
Carefully read the "Instructions for Lesson 3." You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.
If you are new at doing Third Millennium lessons, read the "General Instructions for Assignments."