MAKING BIBLICAL DECISIONS
PREPARATION FOR LESSON 10
THE EXISTENTIAL PERSPECTIVE: CHOOSING GOD
In preparation for this lesson, read Matthew 12:9-13. Write down your thoughts about how Jesus acquired knowledge about the situation, assessed the knowledge, and applied the knowledge to make a decision.
This lesson has three sections:
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 10
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will become committed to applying your knowledge to actually do good.
2. We hope you will make use of all the resources and activities of the lesson to understand key biblical teachings regarding how we acquire knowledge, assess knowledge, and apply knowledge to make an ethical decision.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson. We hope you begin to apply your knowledge to make ethical decisions and actually do good.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing how the lesson has changed your attitude toward applying your knowledge to actually do good.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify key aspects of the biblical teaching regarding the following topics: a) acquiring knowledge through experience and imagination, b) assessing knowledge with your reason, your conscience, and your emotions, and c) applying knowledge with the heart and the will.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guides, showing how you have applied the teachings of the lesson to your life.
"Instructions for Lesson 10"
Carefully read the "Instructions for Lesson 10." You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.
If you need a little reminder of how to do the assignments, go back to the instructions of lesson one and read the "General Instructions for Assignments" again.