Read Paul's letter to the Colossians to prepare for this lesson. Try to discover the key subjects that Paul deals with in the letter.
This lesson is divided into three major sections:
Structure and Content
This lesson will follow the same pattern as Lesson 1.
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 2
We would like to accomplish the following in this lesson:
1. We hope that you will learn to appreciate more fully the important ways in which Christianity is superior to any world religion and different from them, and that you will become more interested in studying Colossians.
2. We hope you will use the resources and activities of this course to understand the background, the key subjects, and the major theological issues that Paul deals with in his letter to the Colossians.
3. We hope that you will apply key teachings from Colossians to your own life.
When you do the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing your own thoughts on Colossians, as well as your own attitude regarding the superiority of Christianity.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify key information related to the background, the key subjects, and the major theological issues that Paul deals with in his letter to the Colossians.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guides, showing how you have applied the teachings of the lesson to your life.
"Instructions for Lesson 2"
Carefully read the "." You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.
If you need a little reminder of how to do the assignments, go back to the instructions of lesson one and read the "General Instructions for Assignments" again.