Read Acts 15:1–18:22, 1 Thessalonians, and 2 Thessalonians, in preparation for this lesson.
The lesson has three major sections:
Structure and Content
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 3
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will grow in your interest in studying 1 and 2 Thessalonians, and that you will develop a more biblical attitude toward the second coming of Christ.
2. We hope you will learn important information about the background, the key subjects, and the major theological issues that Paul deals with in his letters to the Thessalonians
3. We hope you will apply the lessons from the letters to the Thessalonians to your own life.
When you do the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing your own thoughts and attitudes related to 1 and 2 Thessalonians and the second coming of Christ.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify important information about the background, the key subjects, and the major theological issues that Paul deals with in his letters to the Thessalonians.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guides, showing how you have applied the teachings of the lesson to your life.
If you need a little reminder of how to do the assignments, go back to the instructions of lesson one and read the " " again.