In preparation for this lesson, read Isaiah 62. Write down your thoughts about different ways these prophecies may have been fulfilled. Do they apply to Israel in the Old Testament? To Jesus? To the New Testament Church? To us today?
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 8
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will become enthusiastic about interpreting Scripture as unfolding eschatology.
2. We hope you will make use of all the resources and activities of the lesson to understand the unfolding nature of prophecy.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing your own thoughts and attitudes regarding the unfolding nature of prophecy.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify the way some prophecies are fulfilled in stages.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guide, in which you express how you have applied the teachings of the lesson and the whole course to your own life.
If you are not very familiar with the process of doing the assignments for a lesson, you should read this PDF tutorial found in the "Instructions" section of Lesson 1. It will guide you through the lesson, step by step. If you are already familiar with the process, you may skip this and go to the more specific "Instructions for Lesson 8."
Carefully read these instructions. You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.