In preparation for this lesson, read Isaiah 6 and Jeremiah 1. Write down what these verses teach us about the role of a prophet. What difference should this make in the way we read these biblical books?
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 2
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will develop a new interest in the role of the prophets in the Old Testament.
2. We hope you will make use of all the resources of the lesson to learn the main characteristics of a prophet and understand his role in Israel.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing your own thoughts and attitudes regarding the role of the Old Testament prophets.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify the main characteristics of a prophet, and the particular emphasis of the prophets' role during each period of Israel's history in the Old Testament.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guides, in which you apply the teachings of the lesson to your own life.
If you are not very familiar with the process of doing the assignments for a lesson, you should read this PDF tutorial found in the "Instructions" section of Lesson 1. It will guide you through the lesson, step by step. If you are already familiar with the process, you may skip this and go to the more specific "Instructions for Lesson 2."
Carefully read these instructions. You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.