In preparation for this lesson, read Matthew 27:11 and Luke 1:31-33. Write down what they have to teach us about Jesus as king
This lesson has three main sections:
Old Testament Background
Fulfillment in Jesus
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 5
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will grow in your willingness to submit to Jesus as your king.
2. We hope you will make use of all the resources and activities of the lesson to understand the key biblical teachings about Jesus as the king.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson, especially in your daily submission to Jesus as your king.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the assignments of the lesson, expressing why it is important to recognize Jesus as a king.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify the Old Testament background regarding the office of a king, the ways in which Jesus fulfilled this office, and the practical importance of understanding that Jesus is our king.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guides, showing how you have applied the teachings of the lesson to your life.
Carefully read these summarized instructions. You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.
If you still need a little help navigating through the lessons, do not hesitate to read again the "General Instructions for Assignments."