In this lesson we are going to examine the person and work of the Holy Spirit. There are three main sections:
In preparation for this lesson, read Psalm 139:7-10, John 16:7, Romans 8:26-27, 1 Corinthians 2:11, Galatians 5:22-23, and 2 Peter 1:20-21. Write down what these passages teach us about the Holy Spirit.
You should also continue memorizing the creed. For this lesson, you should make sure that you have memorized the whole creed.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty.
From there he will come to judge
the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Goals and Objectives of Lesson 4
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will develop a closer loving relationship with the Holy Spirit, and that you accept the teachings of the Apostles' Creed about the Holy Spirit.
2. We hope you will make use of all the resources and activities of the lesson to understand key biblical teachings regarding the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson. How does it help you understand and appreciate the person and work of the Holy Spirit? How does it help you draw closer to Him?
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Use all the resources and complete all the written assignments of the lesson, expressing your own thoughts and feelings regarding the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
2. Obtain a satisfactory grade on the test, demonstrating that you can identify and distinguish key biblical teachings about the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
3. Answer the application questions in the study guides, in which you demonstrate how you apply the teachings of the lesson to your own life.
Carefully read the "." You may want to print them out so that you can refer to them as you proceed through the assignments.
If you need a little reminder of how to do the assignments, go back to the instructions of lesson one and read the "General Instructions for Assignments" again.